Jawad Qureshi is the CEO of a leading healthcare system recently introduced in Pakistan. He is a pioneer in introducing a new methodology of treating and curing bone, spinal and back injuries using the latest Canadian medical technology. His service offering does not only revolve around the technology, in fact , KKT is a world class health care taking pride in its processes, team members and vision to change the lives of millions of Pakistani’s. And the main contribution lies in the non-invasive methods that are being used by the Canadian healthcare system.
KKT has already changed the lives of thousands in people by providing them a new life. Patients have come with severe injuries and back problems and are now walking and running to new frontiers.
Mr. Qureshi envisions setting up more centers of excellence and contributing to the healthcare of this country. In addition to the benefits of healthcare, new Canadian ventures give jobs to hundreds of healthcare professionals and enhances their skill set to better treat patients.
Briefly tell us about your family and educational background?
I come from a very humble and in some ways a conservative family. Being born to a Pakistani Father and a Canadian mother gave be the best of both worlds right from my youth. Being a graduate of one of the early batches of Beaconhouse School in Lahore, I left for the states at the age of 17. I had to go through a lot of hurdles in the first couple of years till I found my way through graduating as finance Major in New York and then later worked as an investment banker for Goldman Sachs. I had a change of career after the tech bubble busted and went into the automotive sector by working my way up to Director Marketing and Sales for BMW Western Canada. It was all these years where I had encountered a severe spine problem that led me to an opportunity where I was then able to bring the treatment that cured me to Pakistan as I knew what agonizing pains that patients went through in my conditions. This truly inspired me to become a Patients advocate for my country.
Which was the most inspiring personality in your life that made you a successful man?
I believe it was my mother who was there with me every step of the way in my youth. Her love and her commitment towards me was beyond compare. I trust my instincts which lead me to believe that she wanted me to be the man I am today. Rightfully said that “behind every successful man; there is a powerful woman”- luckily I had the best mother in the world who dedicated her life to a cause which I pray rewards her to self contentment in this world and gives her the highest ranks in the hereafter.
What are the aims and objectives of your organization?
KKT® recognizes the right of every Pakistani to have access to the best healthcare available and aims to provide this access to our patients. To achieve this, a few main objectives of KKT® Pakistan are as follows:
- Developing and implementing scientifically proven non-surgical technology which can alleviate pain
- Providing the highest level of patient care and nurturing their family with emotional, physical and spiritual support throughout their treatment
- Developing a work environment where every individual is respected and has an opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Encouraging cooperation among other medical institutions and colleges wherein which we collaborate amongst scientists and clinicians to develop exemplary health sciences research.
- Strengthening our relationship with universities, colleges, other hospitals, agencies and their community for awareness in the non surgical treatments of spinal related conditions.
The tireless commitment of our staff and our volunteer community which includes many patients allows us to achieve these objectives and we are looking forward to forging new paths in medicine, together.
What are the main causes of spinal problems?
Many conditions i.e. some genetic and unfortunately some due to injuries can cause aggravated and debilitating spinal problems; most common of which is back and neck pain, which can be acute (short episodes) or chronic (ongoing, daily pain). Causes of back pain can include mostly inflammation, lifting something incorrectly, sitting or standing too long, stress, lack of exercise, lethargic lifestyles, obesity which also is due to continuous food consumption, foot or leg problems that alter your normal way of walking, any minor or major injury/ accident.
Since the problem of neck and back pain has mostly been considered as non-curable in the previous years, what major advancements have been made by your Spine Center regarding these issues?
Let me inform your readers today that Neck and Back pain finally has a solution. KKT technology is a highly sophisticated, non-invasive, evidence-based medical treatment that has global certifications including FDA approval in the US as well as Health Canada is designed to easily and painlessly realign the spine and regenerate cellular tissue. It’s highly effective in the treatment of many painful and debilitating spine-related conditions including back pain, neck pain, whiplash, herniated disks, slipped dicks, dick prolapsed, frozen shoulder, osteoarthritis, spinal stenosis, headaches and many more spinal conditions. For public records many of our patients from players of Pakistan’s national sports team to other dignitaries from all walks of life are our advocates today and have given amazing testimonials.
Our treatment utilizes your unique signature sound frequency to address core spinal distortions and disturbances. KKT’s integrated diagnostic and treatment system along with its intensive orientation places it ahead of all other treatment options.
In your opinion, what precautionary measures can be taken to prevent those problems?
Millions of Pakistani’s are affected by back pain every day. And beyond living with the pain itself, it is diminishing their quality of life — Socialising at events at the Royal Palm I hear and see so many members who have to compromise their lifestyle as they are forced to either live with pain or are in a stage where I found myself once which was not to go for a surgery but live on heavy duty pain killers ultimately causing them to be less efficient or often missing work and compromising social activities that they could no longer enjoy; so much so that they may not be able to accomplish even simple, everyday necessities.
Taking care of your spine or putting your spine back in symmetry— that is, your back and neck — now will help you lower the chances of experiencing back pain later.
Taking Care of Your Spine
Here are simple yet important adjustments to make for spine health:
- Lift right. It’s very easy to twist the wrong way and damage your spine if you don’t use proper form when lifting an object. Avoid lifting and bending whenever you can
- Sleep tight. Sleeping well is important to your overall health. Your body needs a good night’s sleep to repair itself. Sleep on your side, not your stomach. Sleeping on your stomach puts too much pressure on your spine. Invest in a supportive mattress as well as a pillow that promotes proper alignment of your neck. Be sure to turn your mattress regularly so that it wears evenly. We have partnered up with Master Molty Memory Matresses and back their Memory Orthopaedic product range which will provide you with optimal comfort and sleep. Make sure to visit their Celeste outlets and check for the Mattreses that bear our KKT logo on it.
- Stretch out. Keeping flexible helps maintain normal joint function and a good range of motion. It also reduces the risk of injury. If you start your day with a few good stretches, it will not only be invigorating, but also will promote your spinal health.
- Stay active. Staying active and keeping your body moving helps maintain the health of your spine. The best exercise routine for your back and neck is one that combines stretching, strengthening, and aerobic activity. Exercise also helps you to lose weight or maintain a proper weight. Being overweight can put added stress on the muscles, ligaments, and tendons in your lower back.
- Stay hydrated. Staying hydrated is important to maintain soft tissue elasticity and fluidity in joints. Our spinal discs are vulnerable to loss of hydration and can begin to lose height. As the discs begin to shrink, you are more vulnerable to painful disc conditions such as bulging or rupture.
- Work smart. Proper ergonomics can help reduce a lot of stress on both the lower and upper back, thus reducing the frequency of conditions ranging from stiff back and headaches to carpal tunnel and sciatica. Make sure your workspace — whether a laptop, phone, computer desk, or even your car — is set up for your height and functionality. Choose a chair that provides back support. Never cradle your phone between your ear and shoulder. Hold your phone to your ear or use a headset to avoid neck pain. Also, plan regular breaks. Staying in one position for too long will cause back muscles to tighten up and become immobile.
- Pay attention to any warning signs. Don’t ignore spinal problems or pain. Left untreated, problems with your spine can worsen and become quite serious. Listen to what your body is telling you. Don’t overdo it at the gym or at work, or self-medicate for a problem. Seek professional care to learn about your spine and the correct treatment for your symptoms.
How does your organization contribute in the social cause (apart from donation if any)?
Pakistani’s face a lot of challenges; we have a Zakaat fund in place where every month we are able to provide financial assistance to zakaat eligible patients. I am glad to say that over the past year we have successfully done over a 1000 treatment sessions for the poor and needy and we would strive to offer assistance to the deprived citizens of my homeland.
What challenges did you face during the commencement and continuation of your organization?
I must admit that coming from North America I had to face a number of challenges. In Pakistan many things lack structure which makes execution very tough. The Medical sector is no different. I could not believe that patients here had to live with pain as they had been oblivious to the latest and greatest of what was available in the field of modern medicine where the west offered a vast array of choices. There is also a great deal of mistrust within patients about being open to newer modalities of treatments due to lack of awareness from the governments in promoting and introducing doctors especially General Practitioners to the cutting edge treatments that have approvals from other Governing bodies in the World. Also getting things going in Pakistan was a challenge as apparently due processes and waits are longer than what I was accustomed to in the west.
What recognition has your organization gained over the year?
Alhamdulillah I must say today that we are recognized by many patients (some of your members included) as a mainstream treatment of Spinal conditions in the field of non invasive orthopedics. We are a Results oriented Orthopedic Spine Treatment centre; where we can show the results through before and after X-Rays yet providing the highest level of patient care.
Do you have further projects in-line?
Absolutely, within the next 30 days we will be launching our state of the art KKE Exercise and Maintenance programs with our internationally acclaimed and certified physiotherapist that will help restore patients with active lifestyles and get them to live a normal life full of activities. Our Goals have not only just been to offer Treatment to our patient but our Patient Management Advocate (PMA’S) are poised to parallel with their patients in making lifestyle changes as well.
What future plans do you have regarding yourself and your organization?
My dream is to take KKT Spine Treatment to every nook and corner of this country so it’s reached to a common man from metropolitan cities to villages. In the coming 6 months we plan on expanding a branch in DHA Lahore as well as in the Capital city of Islamabad.