The biggest Asian university rankings analysis was conducted by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)while no Pakistani university made it into the top 100 despite having a huge number of universities in the country.
This was probably seen because of the inefficiency to provide quality higher education as QS saw a look at the global trends and after carefully taking into consideration many factors released its findings to reveal their worldwide impact for top 350 Asian universities in all.
Pakistani Universities Rankings Order
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS)- 111th place
- National University of Science and Technology (NUST) – 112th place
- Quaid-e-Azam University & Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS)- 149th place
- Agha Khan University- 183rd place
- University of Karachi- 201st– 210th range
- University of Punjab- 221st-230th range
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology- 231st-240th range
- University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Lahore-241st-250th range
- University of Agriculture, Faisalabad-301st-350th range
Even though a 50 place jump has been seen in comparison to last year but LUMS came to be the best university of Pakistan leaving behind 4 universities to come reach the 11th place for Asia. NUST from Islamabad reached the second best with an improvement from last year’s 116th place to 112th place this time. On the other hand Quaid-e-Azam University came down from last year’s 116th place to 149th place this year still managing to fare the third highest ranked university for the country.
The list has been expanded by the QS to include 350 top Asian universities from last year’s 300 while there also have been some changes in the evaluation factors by including staff with PhD’s to determine the teaching quality as well.